Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Turn in the Road

“What do you mean the Egyptians are heading down the road toward us? I thought they were finished off?” OK, so those exact words are not to be found in Exodus 14 but I feel certain that is what Moses thought when he got the news. Things were going swimmingly. They had left Egypt with a ton of money and every one safe and the enemy defeated, yet here they were up against the Red Sea and the enemy was bearing down on them. This wasn’t part of the plan…or at least it wasn’t part of Moses Plan.


A Change of Plan
I hung up the phone. A change in plans. Gerry couldn’t be one of the teachers for The Amazing Collection She was experiencing significant health problems and would have to withdraw. But what now Lord? I had a plan and I thought it was a good one but now there was a huge detour in the road and I had NO idea how we were going to get around it. I felt we needed four teachers as the project was so large. I felt God wanted four teachers because that is how I had been directed as far as I could spiritually tell. So, now what Lord?

I couldn’t sleep that night. I tried looking down this new road, thinking of every living Bible teacher in the Atlanta area. I would hold her up to the Lord. “This one Lord? Is she the one.” “No.” On down the lengthy list I went until I could not come up with one more person. I laid still, eyes looking at a ceiling I could not see in the dark. Discouraged.


A Change of Plans
Then I sensed a name. It had a familiar ring to it. “You are to teach”. This wasn’t great news. Others were far more at ease in front of an audience. Others would do so much better in front of a camera. Others were true gifted teachers. Please Lord not me. I CAN”T DO THIS!!”

Are you willing.

Ouch.

Then some of the books in the Bible that I loved started coming to mind and little by little I could feel an excitement well up in my heart. Exodus! Jonah! Joshua! Philippians! And many others followed!

So Moses is standing there in charge of a couple million people and the well trained, well armed Egyptians who are out for blood are hot on their trail and he does the only thing he can do. He trusts God.

Am I willing? I’m scared. Am I willing? I’m incapable. Am I willing? I am willing Lord .


Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through God Who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment